Ministry of Finance
The Ministry of Finance is responsible for issues concerning central government finances, including coordination of the central government budget, forecasts and analyses, tax issues, and management and administration of central government activities. The Ministry is also responsible for matters concerning financial markets, consumer legislation and housing and community planning.
News from Ministry of Finance
Guidelines for central government debt management in 2020
乐动体育APP Today the Government adopted guidelines for the Debt Office’s management of the central government debt. The foreign currency exposure of the central government debt is to be unchanged pending the Debt Office’s analysis of the strategic foreign currency exposure of the central government debt.
Content from the Ministry of Finance
Total 310 hits.
- Key acts and ordinances entering into force late 2019/early 2020
This information material contains a selection of the acts and ordinances – both new and amended – that enter into force in the second half of 2019 or some time thereafter.
· Information material from Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Education and Research, Ministry of Employment, Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Health and Social Affairs, Ministry of Infrastructure, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of the Environment, Prime Minister's Office
- Inquiry appointed on phasing out fossil fuels and banning sales of new petrol and diesel cars
乐动体育APPThe Government has appointed an inquiry to offer proposals on how to implement a ban on sales of new petrol and diesel cars, and when fossil fuels should be phased out by. Sven Hunhammar will chair the inquiry.
- Sweden and the banking union - summary, SOU 2019:52
The remit of the inquiry has been to make a comprehensive analysis of the implications of the potential participation of Sweden in the European banking union.
- Guidelines for central government debt management in 2020
Today the Government adopted guidelines for the Debt Office’s management of the central government debt. The foreign currency exposure of the central government debt is to be unchanged pending the Debt Office’s analysis of the strategic foreign currency exposure of the central government debt.
- Combatting money laundering and terrorist financing
乐动体育APPCombatting money laundering and terrorist financing is a priority for the Swedish government. This work takes place globally, on the EU level and nationally. In Sweden, several law enforcement and administrative agencies, together with large parts of the private sector, have obligations in this area.
- The Government’s work on gender-responsive budgeting
乐动体育APPSweden’s Government is a feminist government, and work for equality between women and men is important to the Government, the Centre Party and the Liberal Party. The Government’s budget must be designed so that it contributes to gender equality. The Government Offices therefore continuously works with gender-responsive budgeting, which also affects efforts to implement the January Agreement.
- Climate on the agenda as Minister for Finance hosts international conference in Stockholm
Representatives of a large number of finance ministries, the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) will gather in Stockholm on Thursday and Friday. They will attend a conference held within the framework of the new Coalition of Finance Ministers for Climate Action – a group of ministers who want to step up their engagement on climate change. Specific taxes on carbon dioxide will be discussed at the conference.